Monday, January 26, 2009

Mother's love


For all the things I didn't say,
About how I felt along the way--For the love you
give and the work you've done,
Here's appreciation from your admiring son.
You cared for me as a little tot,
When all I did was cry a lot,
And as I grew your work did too--
I ran and fell and got black and blue.
I grew some more and it didn't stop
Now you had to become a cop
To worry about mistakes I'd make.
You kept me in line for my own sake.
I got older, and the story repeated;
You were always there whenever I needed.
You guided me and wished me the best,
I became wiser and knew I was blessed.
So, for all the times I didn't say,
The love I felt for you each day,
Mom, read this so you can always seeJust
how much you mean to me.

1 comment:

Angelica said...

wow that's a beautiful poem.